By liking, sharing or commenting, I express my commitment to this pledge, to honor the spirit of these commitments to the people in tomorrow's workforce. I am committing to making a positive impact in the lives of others and have permission to use this pledge as a self-audit, something to strive to achieve and a blueprint to guide us towards other organizations that are like-minded.
1. We trust you today. We need to earn your trust. Over time, we will act with integrity by doing what we say we are going to do and being who we say we are.
2. You belong today. We commit to your emotional well-being in our workplaces. Your voice matters and we commit to establishing an enduring and simple process for you to express your voice and concerns, whether it be positive, negative or general in nature.
3. We will seek to understand the agenda of every person in this organization, before we ask you to value our agenda. Over time, we'll ask for your commitment to the company's agenda but not until you feel that we value yours.
4. We commit to creating and maintaining a mutually obligated relationship with you. If the balance of command and control over your life, career and income should ever shift in the company's favor, we invite you to communicate the change so that we can address the situation to remedy it with you.
5. If you are interested in doing so, we will teach you new things, expose you to new responsibilities and develop your skills so that you can build a sustainable family income and thrive in your community and chosen place to live and work.
6. We invite you to hold us accountable and to follow through with the core values we post on our website and corporate material that attracted you to us in the first place. Your candid feedback of our activities, policies and procedures will not result in any real or perceived retaliation, lessened job security or reputational risk for you.
7. To the degree possible, we will do our very best to respond to your feedback and to share our assessment with you, along with the future plans and strategies of our company and how they will affect your lives and careers.
8. We will spend time to consider the timing as well as your role within our organizations. If your life changes outside of work, we invite you to communicate these changes, so that we can be supportive and flexible to serve you and your life changes well.
9. Sometimes we fail and that's okay. If your position, role expectations, schedule, or the culture of the organization doesn't feel right to you, you are welcome to express your concerns to the organization leaders and you can expect a collaborative response in a reasonable amount of time. We will discuss multiple options to keep you on the path to creating a sustainable family income for yourself.
10. Perfection is not our goal and it will not be our expectation of you. We commit to acknowledging our and your flaws, mistakes and shortcomings with genuine care and transparency.